For most women their Wedding day becomes one of the most important days of their life. For me, as a Make Up artist, a trial is as important as the make-up on your wedding day. It gives you the confidence, certainty and comfort to know how beautiful you will look for your new Hubby.
I’ve put together a list of 8 Tips to help you before scheduling your make-up trial with your Make-up artist and I know that this could ease your wedding planning:
- Make sure your trial session is booked +- 3 weeks before your wedding day as this will give you enough time to decide on a make-up look as well as your hairstyle.
- Collect a few make-up pictures that you love and present them to your make-up artist. The person on the picture does not necessarily have the same skin colour, face shape or eye shape as you do which means your makeup will be adjusted to your appearance. Keep in mind that this is only a guideline for your Make-Up artist and that you will look as close as possible to the picture
- Go to the trial without any make-up, it saves you a lot of time and the trial session can start immediately.
- Make sure you choose a make-up artist that makes you feel comfortable. Before you begin the trial session tell her/him what make-up you like and do not like and how you normally wear your make-up on a daily basis. If you are allergic to anything, give those details to the make-up artist as well.
- If you intend to tan or spray tan after the trial session it is important to inform the make-up artist to adjust your foundation to a shade darker for your wedding day.
- If you decide to wear false eyelashes on the day of your wedding discuss this with your make-up artist for some more advice on what the pros and cons of false eyelashes are.
Lastly and most importantly, be honest with your make-up artist. When your makeup is finished tell the artist if you would rather choose to have a different lip colour, perhaps more Mascara or a change to the contouring. Say what you want to change that’s why you have a trial session. If you’re not going to say anything, you shoot yourself in the foot. If you’re crazy about what you look like it’s a bonus point
Everyone wants to look beautiful on their wedding day, therefore dare more, be different and surprise the people with your beauty it’s just for one day. On your wedding day you are allow to wear your make-up different.